Thursday, May 1, 2008

36%

36% is what the Cavaliers shot from the field in their excruciating, embarrassing one point loss to the Wizards on Wednesday. The Cavs, who had the effrontery to lose while I was in attendance, who had a chance to send the Wizards back to Washington for the summer, will look back on this this game, a game that they led by 5 with a minute to play, as the one that got away, should they lose this series.

Also, I'd like to point out that the hideous yellow (not 'gold' as they would have it) t-shirts they are giving away are doing nothing to improve their chances.

And the ones donning those cotton atrocities, the fans, didn't really bother to show up in person until after halftime. In spirit, they showed up in the fourth quarter. Unacceptable.

And, hey Cavs! Stop playing Neil Diamond's 'Sweet Caroline' between quarters. That song is bad luck to Cleveland. The Red Sox play that song. The Red Sox beat the Indians in the ALCS. It belongs to them, not us. And anyway that song sucks. Big time. Because it's Neil Diamond. Who sucks. Big time.

God DAMMIT!!!!

Pictured above: me in aforementioned hideous yellow t-shirt, which I will never wear again. See all the empty seats? That's about 10 minutes before tipoff. For SHAME, Cleveland!

nwb

PS: I should mention that when I got home from the game with Dad, my mother was actually watching a god damned Neil Diamond concert on TV, which was like the final, fatal stab of an unclean, jagged knife into my entrails.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rough one, Nate.

But damn it, man!!!

Don't be that guy wearing yellow to a game! A very bad omen.

Be different! Wear white.

kb

BillBow Baggins said...

kb,

You got me there. How right you are.

White? NEVER.

Bring on Boston. Or Atlanta.

nwb

Anonymous said...

Low one, Nate, but definitely deserved.

I'm still wondering who's comin' to Game 7 this afternoon: the 67 win team or the one who's 0-3 on the road.

The curse of Doc Rivers is hovering.

kb

BillBow Baggins said...

All right, kb,

Cleveland vs. Boston, round 2.

This is going to be a hell of a series, or I don't know basketball.

Preview coming soon.

nwb

Anonymous said...

I'm ready, Nate...

bring it!

kb